Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MR2World

MR2 Tech Forum

Possible purchase

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wrms2 Mark McCormick
Stevenson, WA, USA   USA
I recently looked a 2001 spyder with 110000 miles, 10,000 on a replacement engine.
The price is right, downright cheap in fact at only $2500. It looks decent even though it lives outside under a “all weather” cover. There’s no sign of trauma or rust and the paint looks like it will look good after a through cleaning. The top is shot and the tires are trash. The seats show minimal,wear. Everything works including the AC. The engine cover release is non operational. The third owner has owned this from 2005, he’s not a car guy and has not kept records.

The test drive was good except for a problem crunching into 3rd gear. A v e r y s l o w shift and/or rev matching will prevent that.

My biggest hesitation is because of the title. It has a salvage title from its first six months in California. The second owner bought it from a salvage yard, repaired it or something and passed it on to the current third owner who has registered it in Oregon and now Washington. I see no sign of collision repair. The current owner was told that it was a theft recovery. I’m not sure what to make of this explanation. I’m not sure that I should care at this price.

So, what do you think given it’s problems; top, tire, transmission and title?

Thanks

Mark

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wrms2 Mark McCormick
Stevenson, WA, USA   USA
Anybody?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1984 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links