MR2World

MR2 Tech Forum

1991 MR-2 Turbo need help ASAP!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

racertm184 Jim Friel
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA   USA
I have a 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo that has been in a repair shop for 4 months. The car was originally taken in to have a long list of upgrades done to the motor and suspension of the car. The car was running great when one of the hoses coming from the turbo to the intake split. The car was taken to the shop for repair and the mech. replaced the hose. The car would not idle ran rough, smoked, back fired. They have replaced every single sensor, relay, ECU, Map sensor, MAS air flow meter, fuel rail injectors, fuel regulator, tested wiring harness for shorts, replaced vacuum hoses reset boost cut out sensor. They got the car to idle fine and it will run all day long but as soon as you accelerate and the boost come on the car starts back firing hesitating and will not accelerate.
These guys work on some high end vehicles but they are lost.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
toronto, ontario, Canada   CAN
It sounds to me that the timing is not advancing as the motor spools up. Check it out and let me know.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1991 Toyota MR2 GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links